Southern Pacific officials gathered for the arrival of the "Prosperity Special" train, Los Angeles, 1922
- Southern Pacific officials gathered for the arrival of the "Prosperity Special" train, Los Angeles, 1922
- Date Created
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Ten men, most in suits and ties, one in military uniform, some holding hats, standing on and near railroad tracks. R.E. Kelly, 2nd from left, W.H. Whalen, 6th from left.
Related to Los Angeles Times article, July 1, 1922, Thousands See Giant Engines, “Prosperity Special” Reaches Los Angeles, Leviathans of Rail Brought by Southern Pacific, Will be Used to Haul Trains Over Mountains, Monsters of Rail Here to Serve. Cheered by thousands lining the tracks in Southern California towns as it madeits way into Los Angeles, the Southern Pacific Prosperity Special of twenty new Leviathans of the rails reached the city last night and was parked in the Figueroa-street switch at Exposition Park. …
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-2303
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .