Portrait of painter Josef Sigall with his wife Marie Sigall, 1933
- Portrait of painter Josef Sigall with his wife Marie Sigall, 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Josef Sigall was born in Poland. He was educated in Vienna and was a gold medalist at the Royal Art Academy during 1909-15. He lived in South America before moving to Los Angeles in 1926 and to Saratoga in 1930. He worked as a portrait painter in California. In the course of his career he painted portraits of presidents Coolidge, Hoover and Roosevelt, and Hollywood notables including the actress Pola Negri. According a Los Angeles Times report, March 2, 1933 pg. 4, the Sigalls divorced on March 1, 1933.
Portrait painter Josef Sigall with his wife Marie Sigall. Josef wears a double-breasted suit with a vest and Marie wears a felt hat and a coat with a fur collar and fur cuffs.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-2544
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .