new map of the United States of America
- new map of the United States of America
- Young, J. H. (James Hamilton).
- Date Created
- Place of Origin
- Published by Charles Desilver
- Henry J. Bruman Map Collection
Printed with ornamental border.
Includes insets: Gold region of California and District of Columbia.
Shows railroad routes proposed to the Pacific Ocean.
Longitude on top of map "West from Greenwich;" on bottom "East/West from Washington."
"The United States in 1856 as reproduced by Rand McNally & Company to commemorate its one hundredth anniversary in 1956."
by J.H. Young.
Relief represented by hachures.
"Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1856 by Charles Desilver, in the Clerks office of the District court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- 1 map : col. ; 38 x 65 cm.
- Railroads--United States--Maps
- Subject Geographic
- United States--Maps
- United States
- Resource type
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Henry J. Bruman Map Collection
- Local identifier
G3701.S1 8.7M RMC 1956
- Opac url
- Manifest url
- Rights statement