James Waldron Gillespie residence, fountain under pergola, Montecito, 1932
- James Waldron Gillespie residence, fountain under pergola, Montecito, 1932
- Alternative title
- James Waldron Gillespie residence
- Cornell, Ralph D.
- Date Created
- August 27, 1932
- Ralph D. Cornell Papers, 1925-1972
Octagonal fountain with bowl on pedestal in center, beneath pergola with brick pavement with dense foliage including palm tree visible beyond
Also known as El Fureidis, the Gillespie residence and grounds, built in 1906, were designed by the architect Bertram Grosvenor Goodhue. The grounds of the ten acre estate were modeled on Persian style water gardens.
- 1 photographic negative
- 4 x 5 inches
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local Identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.