Patrick J. McManus examining a piece of film with Detective Lieutenants Joe Filkas and William Baker, Los Angeles, 1937
- Patrick J. McManus examining a piece of film with Detective Lieutenants Joe Filkas and William Baker, Los Angeles, 1937
- Date Created
- February 1937
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- 75-year-old Patrick J. McManus (center) examining what looks like a piece of exposed film with Detective Lieutenants Joe Filkas (left) and William Baker. Filkas and Baker are investigating the mysterious death of McManus's wife Josephine. McManus came home to find his wife had been burglarized, but was still alive. The couple went to bed and in the morning Mrs. McManus was dead. There were bruises on her neck and gashes on her back.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .