"The Honeymoon" float at the Tournament of Roses, Pasadena, 1937
- "The Honeymoon" float at the Tournament of Roses, Pasadena, 1937
- Date Created
- January 1, 1937
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
The theme for the forty-eighth Rose Parade was "Romance in Flowers"
"The Honeymoon" float shows a couple in a Venetian carriage on a barge with a child rowing the barge. The bridegroom is Henry Taft and the bride is Bessie Barto and the rower is Johnie Dell. The float is in a staging area before the parade, probably on S. Orange Grove Blvd. The float was entered by the city of South Pasadena.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .