John Joseph Cantwell, newl Archbishop of the Roman Catholic Province of Los Angeles, with Amleto Giovanni Cicognani, Los Angeles, 1936
- John Joseph Cantwell, newl Archbishop of the Roman Catholic Province of Los Angeles, with Amleto Giovanni Cicognani, Los Angeles, 1936
- Date Created
- December 3, 1936
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Bishop John Joseph Cantwell (right) after he was enthroned as the first archbishop of the newly created Roman Catholic Province of Los Angeles. Cantwell is standing with Amleto Giovanni Cicognani, Archbishop of Laodicea in Phyrigia, who presided over the elevation ceremony. Using the powers vested in him by Pope Pius XI Cicognani presided over the ceremony, which took place at St. Vibiana’s Cathedral.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .