Capt. Robert C. Burdett, skipper of Tony Cornero's newly refurbished gambling ship, the Bunker Hill or Lux, Los Angeles, 1946
- Capt. Robert C. Burdett, skipper of Tony Cornero's newly refurbished gambling ship, the Bunker Hill or Lux, Los Angeles, 1946
- Date Created
- August 9, 1946
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Captain Robert C. Burdett, skipper of Tony Cornero’s newly refurbished gambling ship, the Bunker Hill (also known as the Lux), which was meant to operate offshore of Los Angeles. After the Bunker Hill’s opening night, however, Cornero and five of his aides were arrested on felony charges of criminal conspiracy to conduct gambling games and serve alcohol without a license. After his arrest, Cornero announced that he was ready to go to the United States Supreme court to keep the Bunker Hill running. Cornero was also “admiral” of the Rex, another gambling vessel which was forced to suspend operations in 1938.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Ship captains--American--California--Los Angeles
- Burdett, Robert C.
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .