Police on hand to deal with strikers during the Conference of Studio Unions strike against all Hollywood studios, Los Angeles, October 19, 1945
- Police on hand to deal with strikers during the Conference of Studio Unions strike against all Hollywood studios, Los Angeles, October 19, 1945
- Date Created
- October 19, 1945
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Police on hand to deal with strikers during the Conference of Studio Unions strike against all Hollywood studios. The CSU strike began in March 1945 and was around the six month mark when it turned violent on October 5, 1945, known as Hollywood Black Friday. National exposure of this violence forced negotiations between studios and the CSU. Negotiation ended the strike about a month later, but CSU didn't last much longer and was eventually disbanded and absorbed by rival union IATSE.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .