14-year-old Mildred Douglas, reported missing, Los Angeles, January 1940
- 14-year-old Mildred Douglas, reported missing, Los Angeles, January 1940
- Date Created
- January 1940
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- 14-year-old Mildred Douglas, who, along with friend Donna (or Zelia K.) Thompson, was reported missing. A young girl reported seeing them get into a car with 31-year-old H. B. Millard. When called in for questioning Millard testified that he did pick up Douglas and Thompson but dropped them off when he realized how young they were. Millard reported that the girls told him they were running away from home. Girls fitting the description of Douglas and Thompson were seen in an Ontario auto camp one day later.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .