Ornithologist Granville P. Ashcraft with specimens collected by a team of U.S.C. scientists during their exploration of the Gulf of Lower California, Los Angeles, February 21, 1940
- Ornithologist Granville P. Ashcraft with specimens collected by a team of U.S.C. scientists during their exploration of the Gulf of Lower California, Los Angeles, February 21, 1940
- Date Created
- February 21, 1940
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Ornithologist Grenville P. Ashcraft measuring bird specimens brought back by a team of University of Southern California scientists from their exploration of the Gulf of Lower California on U.S.C.’s Velero III cruiser. The expedition was captained by Allan Hancock, president of the U.S.C. board of trustees, and included a team of three zoologists, an ornithologist, a botanist, an ichthyologist, a parasitologist, a scientific artist, a photographer, a collector, and an official observer for the Mexican government. The team brought back several thousands of specimens including birds, fish, mammals, algae, and parasites.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Expeditions & surveys--California
Ashcraft, Granville P.
University of Southern California
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .