J.L. Van Norman, James L. Beebe and Dr. Thomas Nixon Carver at a banquet at the Ambassador Hotel, Los Angeles, February 22, 1940
- J.L. Van Norman, James L. Beebe and Dr. Thomas Nixon Carver at a banquet at the Ambassador Hotel, Los Angeles, February 22, 1940
- Date Created
- February 22, 1940
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- New Chamber of Commerce President J.L. Van Norman (left) shakes hands with economist Dr. Thomas Nixon Carver and retiring Chamber President James L. Beebe stands center at the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce’s 49th annual banquet in the Ambassador Hotel’s fiesta room. Over 1,000 business, civic and social leaders attended the banquet which is held every year on George Washington’s birthday. The event celebrates the achievements of the Chamber of Commerce over the past year and lays out programs for the coming year.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Shaking hands--California--Los Angeles
Chambers of commerce--California--Los Angeles
Civic leaders--California--Los Angeles
Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce
Beebe, James L.
Carver, Thomas Nixon, 1865-1961
Van Norman, J.L.
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .