Dr. W.L. Carver with boxer Ceferino Garcia, his manager George Parnassus, and Everett Saunders from the State Athletic Commission, Los Angeles, 1940
- Dr. W.L. Carver with boxer Ceferino Garcia, his manager George Parnassus, and Everett Saunders from the State Athletic Commission, Los Angeles, 1940
- Date Created
- February 1940
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Dr. W. L. Carver, physician for Hollywood Stadium, checks out the rope burn on boxer Ceferino Garcia's knee while Garcia's manager George Parnassus and Everett Saunders from the State Athletic Commission look on. Dr. Carver advised Garcia to take a break from working out as a precaution against infection.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Carver, W. L.
Garcia, Ceferino, 1906-1981
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Wounds & injuries--California--Los Angeles
Boxers (Sports)--California--Los Angeles
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .