17-year-old Donald Rogers, charged with shooting and killing 11-year-old Marilyn Bunker, Los Angeles, 1940
- 17-year-old Donald Rogers, charged with shooting and killing 11-year-old Marilyn Bunker, Los Angeles, 1940
- Date Created
- February 20, 1940
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- 17-year-old Donald Rogers, also known as Donald Fehrenschild, charged with the murder of 11-year-old Marilyn Bunker. Although he insisted that he was shooting at doves on the hillside, Rogers's bullets fell near Marilyn, her two brothers, and several other children playing in the grass. When she started to run home for help, Marilyn was shot under the eye and died immediately.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .