Jury for the trial of accused murderer Paul A. Wright, Los Angeles, 1938
- Jury for the trial of accused murderer Paul A. Wright, Los Angeles, 1938
- Date Created
- [between January 17-February 18, 1938]
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- The jury for the trial of accused murderer Paul A. Wright. Wright, an airline executive, was charged with the shooting deaths of his wife Evelyn and best friend John Kimmel, whom he claimed to have caught in an "inappropriate" embrace in the Wright home.Wright's defense team, led by famed Los Angeles defense attorney Jerry Giesler, argued that Wright was not guilty by reason of insanity. The jury found Wright guilty of two counts of manslaughter, and subsequently ruled that he had been insane at his sanity trial.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .