Boys taking part in a free summer camp organized by Los Angeles Sheriff Eugene Biscailuz. Circa July 1937.
- Boys taking part in a free summer camp organized by Los Angeles Sheriff Eugene Biscailuz. Circa July 1937.
- Date Created
- [circa July 6, 1937]
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Boys from financially disadvantaged backgrounds participate in a free summer camp in Griffith Park. The camp, which was organized by Sheriff Biscailuz, lasted hosted groups of 100 boys for 10 days at a time. While at camp, the boys participated in activities such as swimming, fencing, baseball, various hobbies, and a nonsectarian religious program. The camp's 1937 season lasted from July 6th to September 4th.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .