Newspaper clipping of obituary of Leon Albany (Barney) Bigard, Los Angeles, 1980
- Newspaper clipping of obituary of Leon Albany (Barney) Bigard, Los Angeles, 1980
- Feather, Leonard, $d 1914-1994
- Date Created
- Walter L. Gordon, Jr./William C. Beverly, Jr. Collection
- Barney Bigard was a well known jazz musician (composer and clarinetist) who played in Duke Ellington's orchestra and later with Louis Armstrong. He was born in New Orleans on March 3, 1906 and died from cancer related complications in Los Angeles on June 27th, 1980.
Newspaper article by Leonard Feather--most likely an obituary of Barney Bigard-- and entitled "Only 2 Bands in More than 2 Decades."
All information concerning the content and description of the image was provided by Walter Gordon.
- 1 newspaper clipping : b&w
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
Collection 1867 Box 6 Folder 4
- Manifest url
- Rights statement