Walter L. Gordon, Jr. and Billie Holiday, Los Angeles, 1949
- Walter L. Gordon, Jr. and Billie Holiday, Los Angeles, 1949
- McLain's Photo Service
- Date Created
- No linguistic content
- Walter L. Gordon, Jr./William C. Beverly, Jr. Collection
- Walter L. Gordon, Jr. was an African American attorney in Los Angeles.
All information concerning the content and description of the image was provided by Walter Gordon.
In 1949, Billie Holiday and her manager Joe Levy were charged with assaulting a man who had harassed Holiday during a concert. Attorney Walter L. Gordon, Jr. was able to have the charges against Holiday dismissed.
Stamp on back of photo: "McLain's Photo Service, 24 Hour Service, 1168 East 47th Place, AD 1-9732 Los Angeles 11, Calif."
- 1 photograph : b&w
- Black-and-white photographs
African American lawyers--California--Los Angeles
African American women singers
Holiday, Billie, 1915-1959
Gordon, Walter L., Jr., 1908-2012
- California--Los Angeles
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
Collection 1867 Box 3 Folder 5
- Manifest url
- Rights statement