Ethel Sissle, after the birth of her child with Noble Sissle, New York, 1940s?
- Ethel Sissle, after the birth of her child with Noble Sissle, New York, 1940s?
- Date Created
- No linguistic content
- Walter L. Gordon, Jr./William C. Beverly, Jr. Collection
- Ethel Sissle (1915-1984) was maried to the band leader Noble Sissle, and later to Walter L. Gordon, Jr.
All information concerning the content and description of the image was provided by Walter Gordon.
Photograph is torn. On the back, the name of the photographer (Haberman) with an address on W. 40th St. is partially visible.
Ethel Sissle during the period she was married to composer and bandleader Noble Sissle. It is possible this photograph was taken while she was in the hospital in New York after the birth of one of the Sissle's children.
- 1 photograph : b&w
- Black-and-white photographs
- Sissle, Ethel
- New York (State)--New York.
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
Collection 1867 Box 3 Folder 2
- Manifest url
- Rights statement