Actor Clarence Muse with his wife, Willabelle, and son, Dion, Los Angeles, 1940s
- Actor Clarence Muse with his wife, Willabelle, and son, Dion, Los Angeles, 1940s
- Date Created
- No linguistic content
- Walter L. Gordon, Jr./William C. Beverly, Jr. Collection
- Clarence Muse was an African American vaudevillian, actor, screenwriter, director, composer, and lawyer. Muse was the first African American to "star" in a film. He acted for more than sixty years, and appeared in more than 150 movies.
L to R: Clarence Muse, wife, son.
All information concerning the content and description of the image was provided by Walter Gordon.
Willabelle Verble and Clarence Muse were married from 1925 to 1948, when they divorced.
- 1 photograph : b&w
- Black-and-white photographs
- African American actors--California--Los Angeles
Verble, Willabelle, 1895-1982
Muse, Dion, 1912-1981
- California--Los Angeles
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
Collection 1867 Box 2 Folder 3
- Manifest url
- Rights statement