Maceo Bruce Sheffield, Los Angeles, 1940s
- Maceo Bruce Sheffield, Los Angeles, 1940s
- Date Created
- No linguistic content
- Walter L. Gordon, Jr./William C. Beverly, Jr. Collection
- Maceo Bruce Sheffield (1897-1959) (sometimes spelled Scheffield) was an actor who appeared in "race films" made in California. He was also involved in producing and writing films. Before his acting career, he was a high ranking and much-feared policeman in the 1920s and 1930s, known for his intimidating manner while policing other black Angelenos. He was also involved in running nightclubs on Central Avenue.
- All information concerning the content and description of the image was provided by Walter Gordon.
- 1 photograph : b&w
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
Collection 1867 Box 1 Folder 4
- Manifest url
- Rights statement