George Bertholon, former Young Communist League organizer, at hearings for charges of Communist activity against members of the Los Angeles County S.R.A., Feb. 5, 1940
- George Bertholon, former Young Communist League organizer, at hearings for charges of Communist activity against members of the Los Angeles County S.R.A., Feb. 5, 1940
- Date Created
- February 5, 1940
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Former organizer for the Young Communist League, George Bertholon, at hearings for charges of Communist activity in the Los Angeles County State Relief Administration (S.R.A.). On the witness stand, Bertholon accused several people of Communist activity. The hearings lasted only one day and ended with a recommendation that action be taken against some of the witnesses for perjury, but no one was immediately fired.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Young Communist League of the U.S.
California. State Relief Administration
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Anti-Nazi movement--California--Los Angeles
Government investigations--California--Los Angeles
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .