Bugle player on opening day of Santa Anita's fourth horse racing season, Arcadia, December 25, 1937
- Bugle player on opening day of Santa Anita's fourth horse racing season, Arcadia, December 25, 1937
- Date Created
- December 25, 1937
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Bugle player on opening day of Santa Anita's fourth horse racing season. On this day, over 50,000 spectators wagered a total of $789,159 on the eight races held, toppling the previous records of 40,000 people and $599,009 wagered. Big winners of the day were horse He Did, who won the feature race by more than a length and Bing Crosby's horse High Strike, who won his sixth straight race.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .