Film producer and co-founder of Paramount Pictures, Jesse L. Lasky, with older woman.
- Film producer and co-founder of Paramount Pictures, Jesse L. Lasky, with older woman.
- Date Created
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Famous and influential motion picture producer and co-founder of Paramount Pictures, Jesse L. Lasky, photographed with an older woman, possibly his mother Sarah.Jesse Louis Lasky was born in San Francisco, California in 1880. He began a career as a vaudeville performer in his 20s, which led him to business in Hollywood. In 1913, he founded the Jesse L. Lasky Feature Play Company, with his sister's husband Samuel Goldwyn and close friend Cecil B. DeMille. This company later joined with Adolph Zukor's Famous Players Film Company to release films as Paramount Pictures.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .