Attorney shows photographic evidence during the Monahan murder trial, Los Angeles, 1953
- Attorney shows photographic evidence during the Monahan murder trial, Los Angeles, 1953
- Date Created
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
An attorney holds a photograph of the bound hands of murder victim Mabel Monahan during the trial of her accused murderers.
Barbara Graham, Jack Santo, and Emmett Perkins were convicted of the murder of Mabel Monahan in 1953, during a robbery attempt in her home, and were executed two years later. John True and Baxter Shorter participated in the robbery. Shorter confessed when arrested for another charge, and was kidnapped and murdered by Perkins and Santo. During the trial, John True was a state witness in exchange for immunity from prosecution.
- 1 photograph
- b&w negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-2711
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .