Will Rogers Commemorative float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- Will Rogers Commemorative float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- Date Created
- January 1, 1936
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
A tribute to Will Rogers, following his death the previous year, at the 1936 Tournament of Roses Parade, surrounded by an unknown number of spectators. A tribute by the Union Oil Company, the float depicts a riderless horse in front of a large star to represent Rogers's career. The float won the grand prize award for the parade.
The theme for the forty-seventh Rose Parade was "History in Flowers"
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .