Genevieve R. Cline, judge serving on the United States Custom Court, circa 1929-1932
- Genevieve R. Cline, judge serving on the United States Custom Court, circa 1929-1932
- Date Created
- Between 1929-1932
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Genevieve Rose Cline, first woman judge appointed to the United States Custom Court in 1928, arrived in Los Angeles on May, 14, 1929 to hear 600 cases customs cases. She returned to Los Angeles in 1932 to hear customs cases from Mary Pickford (actress), W.R. Hearst (publisher), and Winfield R. Sheehan. She served as a judge in New York City, New York, for twenty-five years.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .