Jesse Owens puts on running shoes while sitting on grass, Los Angeles, 1930s
- Jesse Owens puts on running shoes while sitting on grass, Los Angeles, 1930s
- Date Created
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Jesse Owens puts on sprinting spikes while sitting on the grass. James Cleveland "Jesse" Owens was an American track and field athlete. He participated in the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin, Germany, where he achieved international fame by winning four gold medals.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Track and field athletes--California--Los Angeles
Track athletics--California--Los Angeles
- Owens, Jesse, 1913-1980.
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .