Ann Forst walks into county jail after being charged for operating a prostitution ring, Los Angeles, 1940
- Ann Forst walks into county jail after being charged for operating a prostitution ring, Los Angeles, 1940
- Date Created
- April 23, 1940
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Ann Forst walks into the Los Angeles county jail covering her face. Forst was indicted for operating a forced prostitution ring that covered 11 states including California, Arizona, Washington, and Nevada. The FBI estimated that more than 200 women were victims of the "white slave ring", as termed by the press.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .