Prince and Princess Kaya of Japan pose with Mayor Frank Shaw at Le Grande Station, Los Angeles, 1934
- Prince and Princess Kaya of Japan pose with Mayor Frank Shaw at Le Grande Station, Los Angeles, 1934
- Date Created
- August 28, 1934
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
In 1934, Prince and Princess Kaya embarked on a 5-day visit to Los Angeles and a seven-month world tour in 1934, visiting the United States, Great Britain, France, and Germany. Frank Lawrence Shaw (February 1, 1877 – January 24, 1958) was an American politician. In 1933, he successfully ran for mayor of Los Angeles. He was re-elected in 1937 but was recalled from office on September 16, 1938.
Prince and Princess Kaya of Japan pose with Mayor Frank L. Shaw in front of a train at La Grande Station. They are accompanied by Kihuye Matsumura (lady in waiting to Princess Kaya, far left) and Lieut.-Col. Senichi Kushibuchi (aide-de-camp of Prince Kaya, 2nd from left) and possibly Rufus B. von Kleinsmid (President of the University of Southern California, right).
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Arrivals & departures--Japanese--California--Los Angeles
Kaya, Tsunenori, 1900-1978
Kleinsmid, Rufus Bernhard von, 1875-1964
Shaw, Frank L., 1877-1958
La Grande Station (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Kushibuchi, Senichi, 1890-1964
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .