Mayor Frank Shaw greets Elks members, Los Angeles, 1930s
- Mayor Frank Shaw greets Elks members, Los Angeles, 1930s
- Date Created
- between 1935-1936
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Mayor Shaw greets a group of men belonging to the Elks fraternal organization. Frank Lawrence Shaw (February 1, 1877 – January 24, 1958) was an American politician. In 1933, he successfully ran for mayor of Los Angeles. He was re-elected in 1937 but was recalled from office on September 16, 1938.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .