Sidney T. Graves, former L.A. County Supervisor, being transferred to San Quentin Penitentiary.
- Sidney T. Graves, former L.A. County Supervisor, being transferred to San Quentin Penitentiary.
- Date Created
- March 30, 1934
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- A photograph of Sidney T. Graves, covering his face with a newspaper as he is transferred from L.A. County Jail to San Quentin Penitentiary. Graves was convicted of bribery a year before, after accepting a sum of $80,000 in connection with the high San Gabriel dam project. At that time, Graves had been a county Supervisor. He was sentenced to one to fourteen years imprisonment for his crime.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .