"Pop-eye," a brave Persian housecat, and his owner Betty Jean Welch.
- "Pop-eye," a brave Persian housecat, and his owner Betty Jean Welch.
- Date Created
- March 15, 1934
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Pictured is "Pop-eye," the two-year-old Persian housecat in the arms of his owner, Miss Betty Jean Welch. Pop-eye became famous for killing a four-foot-long black diamond rattlesnake. The snake invaded Pop-eye's backyard, wherein Pop-eye defended his territory and bravely defeated the reptilian invader.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .