Evangelist Aimee Semple McPherson, at the witness stand.
- Evangelist Aimee Semple McPherson, at the witness stand.
- Date Created
- January, 1934?
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Noted evangelist and founder of the Angelus Temple and the Foursquare Church, Aimee Semple McPherson, appears in court. This appearance is possibly related to her testifying in her own defense in a breach of contract suit regarding a film, "Clay in the Potter's Hands", in which she was to appear. The film's producer, J. Roy Stewart, died before the trial was completed, but the suit was found in his favor and McPherson ordered to pay $5900 to assignees of his interest in the contract. The trial took place in January of 1934.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .