Long Beach's "Queen of the Beaches" float in the Rose Parade, Pasadena, 1934
- Long Beach's "Queen of the Beaches" float in the Rose Parade, Pasadena, 1934
- Date Created
- January 1, 1934
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
The theme of the 1934 Rose Parade was: Tales of the Seven Seas. It rained during the parade that year.
Long Beach's "Queen of the Beaches" float, at the intersection of Colorado Boulevard and Orange Grove. Queen Leona John sits beneath a canopy of jellyfish pulled by three giant seahorses. Attendants to the Queen hold chains of lillies that trail from the float's canopy. Long Beach's float and its Beach maidens took the grand sweepstakes prize for floats.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
- Tournament of Roses
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .