Ms. 53 Ṣālot ba᾽eneta Mā᾽esara Agān᾽ent
- Ms. 53 Ṣālot ba᾽eneta Mā᾽esara Agān᾽ent
- Alternative title
ጸሎት በእንተ ማዕሠረ አጋንንት
Prayer for the Binding of Demons
- Uniform title
- Magical Prayers
- Date Created
- 18th c.
- Place of Origin
- Ethiopic Manuscripts
Layout: One column on a scroll composed with two strips of vellum in magic scroll format.
Text in black ink. Saints and owners' names and the beginning of each prayer are in red ink.
- The owner of this scroll is Waleda Tenesa'e (Lagase).
- Table of contents
- Drawing of cross and two people ;Prayer for the Binding of Demons ( "who confused the mind and covered the eye" [understanding?]), includes: Prayer against the disease of 'ayenat' ;Prayer for the binding of demons ;Drawing of angel with swords ;Prayer to overthrow demons ;Prayer for the binding of demons ;Prayer against the disease of 'ayenat and Wege'at' ;Prayer against the disease of stomach ache 'Qurtsat'.
- 1 scroll
- 1240 mm x 90 mm
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Ms. 53
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- public domain
- Rights contact
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4966