Manuscript No. 75 Simēon Jułayec'i's Summa of Logic, 17th/18th Century
- Manuscript No. 75 Simēon Jułayec'i's Summa of Logic, 17th/18th Century
- Alternative title
- Hamaṛōt hawak'umn tramabanut'ean
- Jułayec'i, Simēon
- Date Created
- c. 17th-18th century
- Armenian Manuscripts
- Pages 563-762 of an unidentified codex, probably a miscellany. The surviving portion of the codex contains a copy of the "Summa of Logic" by Simēon Jułayec'i (d. 1657), which was published at Constantinople in 1728 and 1794. The work is divided into Part I: On Concepts (fols. 1-38v); Part II: On Propositions (fols. 39-54v); and Part III: On Syllogism (fols. 54v-100). (Sanjian, p. 291.)
- See Sanjian, Avedis K. Medieval Armenian Manuscripts at the University of California, Los Angeles. Berkeley : University of California Press, 1999.
- In the surviving fragments there are no colophons indicating date of execution or provenance. The paleography suggests that the codex was probably written in the 17th or 18th century. (Sanjian, p. 291.)
- 1 volume (100 fols.)
- 17 x 10 cm (written surface area 14 x 7.5 cm)
- Binding note
- 19th century dark brown half calf with marbled paper-covered pasteboards. No tooling. Paper pastedowns. Pink and white endbands with bead on edge. Edges lighly sprinkled pink. Sewn on three cords; no notches. Many gutter reparis on conjugate pages, inidicating that the manuscript was rebound.
- Condition note
- Fairly good state of preservation. Some leaves are insect damaged. The scribe has misnumbered the pages following page 706, which should have been 707 and not 708.
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- public domain