Ms. 7 Mazemura Dāwit, Ṣalota Nabiyat, Wedāsé Māryām, Anqaṣa Berhān
- Ms. 7 Mazemura Dāwit, Ṣalota Nabiyat, Wedāsé Māryām, Anqaṣa Berhān
- Alternative title
Psalter, Canticles of Old and New Testament Prophets, Praise of St. Mary, The Gate of Light
- Uniform title
- Date Created
- 19th c.
- Place of Origin
- Ethiopic Manuscripts
The text is in black ink; the name of God, angels, and saints, including the scribes and the owners, and the first line of each book, is in red ink.
The manuscript composed in seven quires of two quires has 12 leaves each, four quires of 10 leaves each and one quire of 8 leaves.
Layout: One column of text, 22 lines of text per page.
- Table of contents
- Pp. 1-59 Psalms beginning from Psalm 111(112):3 መዝሙረ ዳዊት ;ወጽድቁኒ ይነብር ለዓለም። ;ሠረቀ ብርሃን ለራትዓን በውስተ ጽልመት። ;መሐሪ ወመስተሣህል እግዚአብሔር። ;Pp. 59-86 መኃልየ ነቢያት Fifteen biblical canticles. Pp. 59-61 First song of Moses.Pp. 61-65 Second song of Moses.Pp. 65-69 Third song of Moses. Ethiopian Title: Prayer of Moses of the Third Law. Pp. 69-70 Song of Hannah. Title: Prayer of Hannah, the Mother of Samuel.Pp. 71-72 Prayer of Hezekiah. Title: Prayer of Hezekiah, the King of Judea. Pp. 72-74 Prayer of Manasseh. Title: Prayer of Mennase the Prophet. Pp. 74-75 Prayer of Jonah. Title: Prayer of Jonah the Prophet. Pp. 75-77 Prayer of Daniel. Title: Prayer of Daniel and Praise of Azariah.Pp. 77-78 First Song of the Three Children. Title: Prayer of the Three ChildrenPp. 78-80 Second Song of the Three Children. Title: When Ananiah Azariah and Misael Blessed (God).Pp. 80-82. Song of Habakkuk. Title: Prayer of Habakkuk the Prophet. Pp. 82-84 Song of Isaiah. Title: Prayer of Isaiah the Prophet.Pp. 84-85 Song of the Virgin Mary. Title: Prayer of Our Lady the Virgin Mary. Pp. 85-86 Song of Zachariah. Title: Prayer of Zachrariah the Prophet.P. 86 Song of Simeon. Title: Prayer of Simeon the Prophet. Pp. 86-98 መኃልየ መኃልይ ዘሰሎሞን Song of Songs Solomon ;Pp. 99-124 ውዳሴ ማርያም Praises of Mary (Weddase Mariyam) for the following days: Pp. 99-101 ዘሰኑይ Monday ;Pp. 101-105 ዘሠሉስ Tuesday ;Pp. 105-109 ዘረቡዕ Wednesday ;Pp. 109-115 ዘሐሙስ Thursday ;Pp. 115-119 ዘአርብ Friday ;Pp. 119-121 ዘቀዳሚት Saturday ;Pp. 121-124 ዘእሁድ Sunday ;Pp. 124-137 አንቀጸ ብርሃን The Gate of Light (Anqasa berehan) ;pp. 138-142 scribbling.
- 142 pages
- 170 mm x 115 mm x 30 mm
- Vellum and wooden boards
- Binding note
- Wooden boards.
- Condition note
- The manuscript is damaged, probably by water. The text in red ink is totally washed out or faded.
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Ms. 7
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- public domain
- Rights contact
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4985