Ms. 1 Qeddāsé Māryām, Malek’ā Kidāna Mehrat
- Ms. 1 Qeddāsé Māryām, Malek’ā Kidāna Mehrat
- Alternative title
Image of Kidana Meherat (Covenant of Mary)
መልክአ ኪዳነ ምህረት
The Anaphora of Mary
- Uniform title
Anaphora of Mary
Images of the Saints
- Date Created
- Place of Origin
- Ethiopic Manuscripts
Written by a single hand. No drawings.
One of the the official fourteen anaphoras of the Ethiopian orthodox church. Praise for St. Mary and discourse on the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as the major part of the liturgy.
The manuscript composed in six quires 10 leaves each.
Layout: two columns of text, 14 lines of text per page
Text in black ink. Beginning of each prayer, instructions for the priests and deacons, Saint Mary's name and the name of the Holy Trinity are in red ink.
- On p. 82, the previous owner's name is overwritten with ink and, at the bottom of the page, it says "Ayela Eyasus's origin is in Wallaga."
- Table of contents
- Pp. 1-82 Anapora of Mary ቅዳሴ ማርያም ;አኰቴተ ቊርባን ዘእግእዝትነ ማርያም ዘደረሰ በመንፈስ ቅዱስ አባ ሕርያቆስ ዘሀገረ ብህንሳ ጐሥዓ ልብየ ቃለ ሠናየ ጐሥዓ ልብየ ቃለ ሠናየ ጐሥዓ ልብየ ቃለ ሠናየ ወአነ አየድዕ ቅዳሴሃ ለማርያም ;Pp. 82-120 Image of Kidana Meheratበስመ እግዚአብሔር ወሃቤ ብርሃን ዘይሤለስ በአካሉ እንዘ ተዋህዶ ያጸንዕ በመለኮቱ ወኃሉ ወዓይነ ልቡና ያብርህ ማኅቶተ ጥበብ ሥነ ጸዳሉ ከመ ይርዓይ ገጸ ነገር በኪዳንኪ ዘይደሉ ማርያም እግዝእተ ኩሉ በታሕቱ ወበላዕሉ
- 120 pages (60 leaves)
- 97 mm x 64 mm x 28 mm
- Vellum and wooden boards
- Binding note
- Stamped leather over wooden boards.
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Ms. 1
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- public domain
- Rights contact
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988