Coll. 170. MS. 403. Collection of loose leaves.
- Coll. 170. MS. 403. Collection of loose leaves.
- Uniform title
- Bernard M. Rosenthal Collection of medieval manuscript leaves
- Date Created
- Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts
- The department's collection of medieval manuscript leaves comprises 134 items, including bifolia, leaves, and fragments of leaves. One item is in Arabic script, 2 in Greek script, 2 in Hebrew script, and 129 in Latin script. This catalog describes only those items in Latin script. Unless otherwise noted, the leaves described here belong to a collection that was assembled by Bernard M. Rosenthal, New York, from whom it was purchased by UCLA in 1962. Concerning the collection see P. Levine, “Palaeographic History Illustrated in Manuscript Collection,” UCLA Librarian vol.16, no.6, supplement (1963) pp.49-51.
- Vol. 1 Italy (s. IX-XI) Vol. 2 Italy (s. XII)Vol. 3 Italy (s. XIII) Vol. 4 Italy (s. XIV) Vol. 5 Italy (s. XV)Vol. 6 France (s. XI-XIII)Vol. 7 France (s. XIV-XV) Vol. 8 England & Spain Vol. 9 GermanyVol. 10 Greek & Hebrew