Rouse MS. 22. BREVIARY, fragment.Diocese of Liège(?).
- Rouse MS. 22. BREVIARY, fragment.Diocese of Liège(?).
- Uniform title
- Richard and Mary Rouse Collection of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts
- Date Created
- Place of Origin
- Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts
- Written in the second half of the thirteenth century in an area with Germanic influence on script forms, probably in the diocese of Liège to judge from the saints mentioned. St. Odulf (Utrecht) suggests the border area between the archdiocese of Cologne and the diocese of Liège, while both Domitian of Maestricht and especially the translation of Lambert of Maestricht point to Liège and the Brabant. Probably from the Phillipps collection. Bought from H.P. Kraus, New York, in 1983 by Richard and Mary Rouse, along with other fragments including Rouse MS 105 (see for modern provenance). Given to UCLA in 2005.
- 211 x 160 (146 x 130) mm.
- Resource type