La Tijera Theatre, Los Angeles, exterior, day
- La Tijera Theatre, Los Angeles, exterior, day
- Uniform title
- La Tijera Theatre (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Blakeslee, Alpheus A.
- Lee, S. Charles, 1899-1990
- Date Created
- S. Charles Lee Papers, 1919-1962
- In the late 1940s and 1950s architects combined the fluid forms of the Streamline Moderne style with the square modules favored by International Style architects. In California a new form of modernism was developing that favored the use of natural materials, especially stone and wood, in architecture, foremost in residential building. These influences, however, were also felt in commercial buildings, especially in the suburbs. Hence La Tijera Theatre, on Sepulveda Boulevard in a growing suburban area near the airport. A streamlined automobile is entering the porte-cochere on the left.
- 1 photographic print
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local Identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement