Hopkins Theatre, Oakland, auditorium
- Hopkins Theatre, Oakland, auditorium
- Uniform title
- Hopkins Theatre (Oakland, Calif.)
- Lee, S. Charles, 1899-1990
- Date Created
- S. Charles Lee Papers, 1919-1962
The simple interior design illustrates the Streamline theme with the use of painted curves on the walls and semicircular ceiling panels that conceal lights, creating indirect lighting of the ceiling. Instead of a balcony, the rear of the auditorium is raked and separated from the main floor by a low partition and steps.
Note on back of photograph: Auditorium towards prescenium arch. Walls peach and brown. Lawrence Goldsmith, Owner.
- 1 photographic print
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement