Drive-in theatre, Arcadia, construction
- Drive-in theatre, Arcadia, construction
- Uniform title
- Edwards' Drive-in Theatre (Arcadia, Calif.)
- Lee, S. Charles, 1899-1990
- Date Created
- October 15, 1948
- S. Charles Lee Papers, 1919-1962
- A series of snapshots taken at the construction site shows how the screen structure was framed on the ground and then tilted up using wooden wheels as fulcrums. This innovative construction technique was borrowed from concrete tilt-slab construction pioneered in Southern California in the early part of the century by Irving Gill and later used by other Southern California modernists.
- 1 photographic print
- 5 x 3.5 in.
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement