Ms. 41 Taseā’elotāta Zenāhomu la'abew Manakosāt Gebesāweyān
- Ms. 41 Taseā’elotāta Zenāhomu la'abew Manakosāt Gebesāweyān
- Alternative title
Philoxenus or Questions on the Sayings of the Egyptian Fathers
- Uniform title
- Monastic book
- Date Created
- 18th or 19th c.
- Place of Origin
- Ethiopic Manuscripts
The formal text is accompanied by extensive notes in the margin in Amharic, called 'anedemtā' commentary, which serves as a reminder to the reader of commentaries about the specific words or passages next to which the notes are written.
The manuscript is composed 12 quires of one quire of 2 leaves one quire of eight leaves ten quires of ten leaves.
Text in black ink. The beginning of each chapter (each part) and also the names of saints and church fathers in red ink.
Layout: Two columns per page, 20 lines of text per page.
- The name of the previous owner is erased and written over with the name Aseqa Mika'el (P. 5 and 212).
- Table of contents
- Pp. 49-58. Part Three.፴፭ ይቤሉ አኃው እስመ ጳውሎስ ሐዋርያ ይብል ተፋቅሮ ኢያወድቅ ግሙራ ወናሁ ሰብእ ተለዓሉ እስከነ ልዕልና አፍቅሮ እግዚአብሔር ካዕበ ወድቁ ;P. 35: The brothers said, "Paul the Apostle said love does not fail, but now the people who were elevated to the height of the love of God have fallen."መልአ ክፍል ሣልስ በአሕፅሮ ለይሩማኪስ ዘአንበረ ተስእሎታተ ወ፪ክፍላተ ለበላድዮስ እስመ ውእቱ ጸሐፈ በአዝማነ ታውዳስዮስ ዘየዐቢ መብላድዮስ ጸሐፈ በዘመነ አርቃድዮስ ወልዱ ወለእግዚአብሔር አኰቴት ለዓለመ ዓለም ወትረ:: ;The end of part three in abridged form. Yerumakis was the one who put the questions on the two parts of Palladius, which Palladius wrote in the reign of Theodosius the Great. Mebeladeyos also wrote in the reign of Arkadius, Son of Theodosius. Praise to God for ever and ever always. Pp. 58-211 ክፍል ራብዕ ወውእቱ ደኃሪ ዘእምዜናሆሙ ለባሕታዊያን እንተ ጽሕፍት ውስተ መጽሐፈ ገነት እምክፍል ደኃሪ ዘጸሐፎ ጰላድዮስ ተስእሎታተ አኃው ;This is Part four, the latter part, from the life of the ascetics, which is written in the Book of Paradise, to the last part Palladius wrote on the question of the brothers.
- 216 Pages
- 190 mm x 170 mm x 56 mm
- Vellum and wooden board
- Binding note
- Wooden board (broken).
- Condition note
- The front and back wooden board are split in half.
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Ms. 41
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- public domain
- Rights contact
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4984