Know Your City No.82 Abandoned oil well in Elysian Park hills with Los Angeles Civic Center in background
- Know Your City No.82 Abandoned oil well in Elysian Park hills with Los Angeles Civic Center in background
- Date Created
- February 7, 1956
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
- ANSWER: Well, it's one of those old oil wells that are on the southern slopes of the Elysian Park hills, virtually a stone's throw from the bustling Civic Center. This one is in the back yard of what was once the residence of Thomas O'Brien, once one of the finest "country homes outside Los Angeles." Disonicio Sanchez has lived there for 30 years and, being pretty hep on the place's history, he should know. Exact location is a knoll at the corner of W College and Centennial Sts.
- 1 photograph
- 10 x 12.5 cm.
- b&w negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4720
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .