Know Your City No.23 Vedanta Temple at 1926 Vedanta Place Los Angeles, Calif.
- Know Your City No.23 Vedanta Temple at 1926 Vedanta Place Los Angeles, Calif.
- Date Created
- December 10, 1955
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
- ANSWER: This is the delightfully unique Church of the Vedanta, the world's oldest philosophical and religious order. Located in its own little square at 1926 Vedanta Place and surrounded by dormitories for students of the Vedas, it is on a hill that overlooked Hollywood -- until the freeway zoomed practically past its front steps. Built in 1938, it was unseen by many until the freeway passed. And many of those who speed by did not know about this unique temple-- until now.
- 1 photograph
- 10 x 12.5 cm.
- b&w negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .