Know Your City No.18 Muse of Music, Dance, Drama statuary at entrance to the Hollywood Bowl, Calif.
- Know Your City No.18 Muse of Music, Dance, Drama statuary at entrance to the Hollywood Bowl, Calif.
- Date Created
- December 5, 1955
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
ANSWER: Sure, it's the artistically modern statuary that overlooks the entrance to Hollywood Bowl. You've seen it hundreds of times. Its construction in 1940 was one of the last acts of the depression-- a WPA art project
The statuary entitled "Muse of Music, Dance, Drama" was designed by sculptor George Stanley
- 1 photograph
- 10 x 12.5 cm.
- b&w negative
- news photographs
Historic buildings--California--Los Angeles County
Art deco (Architecture)--California--Los Angeles
- Hollywood Bowl (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Los Angeles (Calif.)--Buildings, structures, etc.
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .