Commencement - Graduates descend stairs, c.1941
- Commencement - Graduates descend stairs, c.1941
- Hoover, Thelner Barton (UCLA 1930)
- Date Created
- Thelner and Louise Hoover Photographic Collection
- UCLA commencement ceremonies were held at the campus Open Air Theater from 1941 to 1949. This photograph likely depicts the first commencement held on the Westwood campus on June 14, 1941. The Open Air Theater (sometimes referred to as the Greek Theater) was located at the south end of campus where the Public Health Building stands today. The Open Air Theater was bulldozed for the expanding campus in 1952.
- 4 x 5 in.
Find This Item
- UCLA University Archives
- Local identifier
- Record Series 647, Box 22, Folder 1
- Manifest url
- Rights statement