Commencement - Graduates in procession, c.1941
- Commencement - Graduates in procession, c.1941
- Hoover, Thelner Barton (UCLA 1930)
- Date Created
- Hoover (Thelner B.) and Hoover (Louise E. B.) photographic collection
- UCLA commencement ceremonies were held at the campus Open Air Theater from 1941 to 1949. This photograph likely depicts the first commencement held on the Westwood campus on June 14, 1941. The Open Air Theater (sometimes referred to as the Greek Theater) was located at the south end of campus where the Public Health Building stands today. The Open Air Theater was bulldozed for the expanding campus in 1952.
- 4 x 5 in.
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local Identifier
- Record Series 647, Box 22, Folder 1
- Finding aid url
- Manifest url
- Rights statement